Sunday, March 11, 2018

The Electrick Redneck

I'm an old arduino hacker and quad copter crash tester. The evolution of the quad controller boards has been quite dramatic over the past few years. STM32F4 boards are the norm even a few F7 boards on the market.

Spent most of the morning studying about a new development board for electronics hobbyist types that has some pretty cool features. It only costs about 10 bucks and has wifi and bluetooth builtin. It's an ESP32 based board which is an upgrade of the ESP8286 board.

I bought one recently just to piddle with. In trying to learn more about it just this morning found some applications for it that I had not heard of. They allow it to be controlled by an Alexa to turn lights on and off or most anything you might be inclined to control.

Long story short I got so enthused that I went looking for a new blog name.. all the easy good ones are gone but in a fit of madness I came up with ElectrickRedneck.... still laughing a bit at myself for that one... you do a lot of that when you've lived by yourself for as long as I have.

While I don't really consider myself a redneck I am an old fellow now... a bit old school... a bit home body... saddened by the division that seems to prevail in our country these days... but glad to still be alive and kicking. Quite amazing the technology available to electronics hobbyist these days. So this is my fairly small view of some of the toys that I have an interest in. I hope you find it worthy of your consideration.

Stay tuned for more from the Electrick Redneck...

No comments:

Post a Comment